Sunday 21 February 2016

Review-Halcyon Glow Facial, Spectra Bleach, Laser & OBT- Products

Posted by Aamal Nauman at 11:25
Halcyon Medical Center is one of my favorite clinics when I need to revive my dull and hairy face :P.
So I went for my routine facial treatment and discovered some more services offered at Halcyon.
I did posted my facial Laser hair removal Experience 2 years back. Halcyon is the best place to go for your skin care treatments with highly qualified & Experienced team of Dr.Osman Bashir Tahir.


I was offered The Glow facial as a trial and on recommendation by Dr.Osman Bashir. I am glad to say he listened to all my skin related queries patiently and suggested me after carefully examining my face.
Coming to the qualities of The Glow Facial.
What Halcyon claims about their Glow facial:
Get the results you've been looking for with the most powerful non-invasive treatment for skin lightening & rejuvenation!
- No downtime ; No discomfort
- Performed under an hour
- Immediate visible results
- Effective for every skin type
- Addresses skin specific concerns
 My Experience:
I was lead by Doc's assistant for the facial starting of she wore gloves in order to maintain hygiene unlike the facial treatments we get by salon girls. 




  1. To start my was cleansed completely
  2. Then I was given a facial massage with some moisturizing cream to nourish my skin for the glow
  3. After massage a scrub was applied although it was little gritty but it didn't make me uncomfortable
  4. I felt good after all the relaxing massage and scrubbing.
  5. With a probe from the hydra-facial machine It further deep cleanse my skin from each pore of my face 
  6. The probe sucked all the dirt and impurities from my skin and i really felt the difference by the texture of it, I felt light and fresh like something now has been unblocked and all the freshness is caressing my face
  7. Before the last step of facial Dr.Osman Bashir Tahir I was treated with SPECTRA Laser Bleach to cover all my baby hair, will write the detail below.
  8. Finally a mask and I am good to go for the next step
Probes used for hydra facial bottom left is for spectra laser

What Spectra Laser is?
SPECTRA LASER THERAPY has 4 different wavelengths to offer 4 different skincare solutions!
- Acne Treatment and Pore Tightening
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skin lightening (ideal for treatment of Melasma & pigmentation)
- Laser Hair Bleaching


I chose Laser Hair Bleaching for the light hair on face. Previously I was having sessions for a full face laser hair removal at that time this treatment wasn't introduced to the salon but as i told earlier i was here for my routine session and I got to know this miraculous Spectra Laser Therapy. After a careful examination Dr.OBT recommended me this treatment on my baby hair and instead of going for a full face laser treatment he suggested me to give this a try on face where i have fine thin hair and for the thick hair on my sideburns i was advised for my routine IPL laser session.
Well to be honest I had my doubts with it previously but Dr.Osman Bashir answered all my concerns/
Heading towards the procedure, it started just before I had to get my face mask as mentioned above.
My eyes were covered with some special geeky goggles and Dr.Osman started bleaching my fine hair allover my cheeks and around forehead and nose. The feel was like some one is holding a pen sparking over my face I could smell the burnt hair.It wasn't that painful as I expected it to be.  

L-R After and before all the treatments


Coming to its benefits. 
  • The effect stays for more than 2 months
  • no visible golden hair at all
  • affordable and time saving
its been more than two months to be precise going to b 3rd month and I still don't feel the need of bleaching my face. The best thing is It is Magical it hides the unwanted fine hair like they are no where on the face. I examined my face and couldn't find any visible bleached hair strands on my skin. So leaving the skin clear and smooth unlike ur regular bleach creams

Later I went through my routine laser session, which I reviewed previously HERE!
To add the progress all the thick strands are gone I had a few on Chin and now they are like no more. I do get hair back in about 2 months but they are fine and sprayed not consistent and thick like I used to had. Dr.Osman recommended me to go through about 6 more sessions to nearly end them. To mention it was my 5th session. For PCOs like me It would take more time to slow down the hair regrowth, so if u aren't Polycystic go ahead it will not take that much time(INSHALLAH)

Along with this I was prescribed with 2 of Dr.Osman Bashir's products from his vast range of Skincare products.Which i tried for about more than 3 months to get the best out of it and give a clear picture if it worked or not.




First I got this OBT SUN Screen lotion SPF 55






HOW TO USE
Apply to all skin exposed to the sun. Apply liberally and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure
Reapply:
Use water resistant sunscreen if swimming and sweating, Immediately after towel drying.
At least every 2 hour


INGREDIENTS

  • Water Hydrgenated Polybutene,
  • Octyl Staarate,
  • Polyglycaryl-4-Isostearate,
  • Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract,
  • Isopropyl Palmitate,
  • Cyclomethicone,
  • Sunflower Oil,
  • hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax,
  • Cetyl Dimethlcone Copolyol,
  • Cetyl Dimethlcone,
  • Hydrogenated Castor Oil,
  • Sodium Chlorida,
  • Polyglycaryl-3-oleate,
  • Sillca,
  • Hexyl Laurate,
  • Triethoxycaprylyisliane,
  • Capryly Glycol,
  • Methylisothiazolinone
My Thoughts:
This is a cream-to-lotion sunblock like we usually get in sunblocks. It include SPF55 to ensure maximum shield against the harmful sun rays. Dr.Osman smartly formalized the product with all safe ingredients and designed specifically to suit desi skin. On application it might feel a bit heavy and greasy on the skin as it contains silica and sunflower oil, so all you oil-ies out there you might feel a little uncomfortable on face. Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract and Hydrogenated Castor Oil in it would help nourishing skin with essential skin elements improving skin texture. The product is available online on DR.OBT web  with price tag of rs.2800/- . Its a bit pricey but all you get is a safe product with all the skin essentials. 

2nd product which was prescribed by the Dr. was Skin Lightening Cream. 





BENEFITS
giving the skin a lighter, rejuvenated, more youthful and pleasant appearance.
HOW TO USE
Apply twice daily to clean skin on areas needing lightening. Allow to absorb into skin. Avoid sun exposure.
INGREDIENTS
  • Purified water (Aqua)
  • Simmondsia
  • Chinensis (Jojobs) Seed oil
  • Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil
  • Hydroquinore
  • squalane
  • Hyaluronic Acid
  • Sodium metaisulfite
  • Ascorbic Acid
  • Laureth- 7
  • C13-14
  • Isopurafin
  • Polyacrylamide
  • phenoxyethanol
  • Ethylexygycerin
  • Ethylhexyglycerin
My Thoughts:
I have never been after skin brightening, lightening or whitening creams (I swear:P). But who doesn't like a clear glowing (100 watt glow/ disco ball face) skin. I am very much comfortable in carrying my wheat-ish skin tone (the sun-kissed complexion :P) but the only problem I face and try to cope is a clear even toned fresh face. I always wonder how on earth my jawline and forehead can match my cheeks and whole body :P, well after a long discussion and consultation Doc prescribed me with this little pot of beauty. Well to be precise it is not a cream but a gel like product which on application absorbs super fast in skin. It feel refreshing as it sinks in and leaving a cool feel. I really liked the way it blends and smooths the skin, a little product goes on so long. A mini jar will go on for prett 2-3 months even with religious usage, I tried it for months and after using i found the areas which were discolored or dull esp. my t zone and jaw line it not only smoothened the areas but also fought the pigmentation to an extent. But the highest points of my face like apples of cheek felt to be more healthier flushy glowy and clear so it definitely works. I have a dheet (stubborn) skin type and barely any product works on me, but this product actually showed some good results leading to improved skin texture. this can also be bought from the web I mentioned earlier.




Over all it was a wonderful experience at Halcyon Clinic, I am impressed with how professional and well organised they are, no hustles just book an appointment and you are ready to go. I will highly recommend all those facing any kind of skin or health problems to Dr. Osman Bashir he is highly qualified and listens patiently to all concerns and answers till you are satisfied 5 stars from my side :)


Pardon me for such along review but as many of you have requested me to do a detailed review so here it is. I hope its beneficial in any way.
thank u
Stay blessed :)
Fee Amaan Allah
xoxox

12 comments:

Kanwal Ikram on 21 February 2016 at 12:40 said...

This is something truly different, and feel so amazing. I have thoroughly read your post. I have never been in such treatments, but after reading your post, em surely gone try this.

Kanwalikram's Blog

Saadiah Khawaja. on 21 February 2016 at 20:41 said...

This is a very informative post indeed & a great one at that! I have PCOs and I went in for Laser Hair Removal around 10+ yrs ago. The aethestician was a close family friend,the official Beauty Consultant of the Royal family of Kuwait. I also got hands on makeup training from her n used to do Model Makekovers for TVCs etc, so I really knew what I was going in for. At that time laser was new and there were a lot of mugs around. Now again I am having issues, but don't know whom to trust. Lahore is full of cheats, and this gentleman seems to be a professional n also genuine. Where is he based? And your skins looks flawless after that facial💕

Aamal Nauman on 22 February 2016 at 06:25 said...

@Kanwal I am glad to know that you trusted and this would be of any help.
@saadia thank u so much sweety for your kind words. Did u have IPL in past? though PCOs beholders usually take upto 12-16 sittings to experience a vast difference in hair growth but in my case i am feeling its working ( a bit slow but I m happy if it can make them invisible), Spectra Laser is what i am actually more impressed with do inbox me on fb so we could discuss further

Areej Usman on 27 February 2016 at 11:03 said...

Happy u had a great experience!

Aamal Nauman on 28 February 2016 at 09:32 said...

thank u areej :)

Maliha on 2 March 2016 at 03:03 said...

wow looooong but informative :)
xx
Maliha Rao / Red Alice Rao

Unknown on 3 March 2016 at 11:10 said...

Your skin looks so fresh Mashallah! :) Thank you for sharing your experience, I will keep the place in mind. ;)

Jadirah Sarmad at Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

Oh, Lady Mania! on 5 March 2016 at 13:42 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oh, Lady Mania! on 5 March 2016 at 13:44 said...

You looked very fresh and beautiful. Thanks a lot for sharing such a informative post for people like me =)

BTW I'm your new fan via GFC #160
from http://ohladymania.blogspot.com/
.

Aamal Nauman on 9 March 2016 at 11:44 said...

ohhh thank u swwwthearts :)

Sana on 11 March 2016 at 00:17 said...

woww gaareat post .. m loving the details ..thank you for sharing ♡♡
Makeupoholics

Maya on 11 March 2016 at 20:40 said...

Wow this treatment looks fantastic in results, thanks for sharing hon, lovely post.

Post a Comment

 

MaKe_OvEr_cRaZe Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting