Tuesday 6 September 2016

Dupe Alert! Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner Pen Duped Benefit Push Up Gel liner

Posted by Aamal Nauman at 12:37
Eye liners and my obsession with them is not new. I was a 8 yrs old when on a family wedding my Khala applied a liner on my eyes, being curious I also wanted to get ready as my aunts and mom were wearing makeup, the eyeliner looked so good, though I was a child and many of you would start criticizing etc but I think there is no age restrictions for art, and indeed makeup is a form of art. And since then I am in love with eyeliners. To cut it short I was searching for a good, budget friendly black eyeliner from a long time.




I found this eyeliner recently on a newly in beauty page beautybeats.pk, I was stunned to find as it seemed it could be a perfect dupe for Benefit’s Push up gel liner pen. The packaging is almost the same.


Dupe of Benefit Push Up Gel liner Pen


After going through many reviews I came to know, yes! My guess was right it is perhaps the only dupe of benefit’s push up gel liner. The turn off was that it is only available in some parts of Asia.




It is basically a gel liner enclosed in a pen. The tip is slanted and made of soft rubber with a thin slit so that the product can ooze out easily and precisely. The slanted tip helps to carve the perfect angles creating flawless well defined winged eyeliner.



For application you just need to rotate the base with the sound of click click the product will start oozing from the slit. The more you rotate the more product will come out which gives a complete control to you in application. When you are done with applying the liner use the stopper which can be fix in the slit to avoid wastage of product. Unfortunately, I lost the stopper but it still works fine if it is used carefully by capping the pen right after use.


Maybelline lasting drama gel liner pen- Swatch


Coming to the product, if I would say Maybelline Lasting drama gel eyeliner pen is one of the most matte and blackest black gel liners it won’t be wrong. The formula feels so comfortable and creamy which glides on smoothly and quickly dries off as soon as applied. The waterproof nature is a lifesaver, which helps the liner from smudging due to sweating and sebum production.


Nostalgic: Reminded me of school days 'Nib katta Marker' for Urdu Homeworks :P


The quick drying formula makes it set in no time, so you need to be really quick and precise while applying it. As shown the swatch above it is a completely matte black gel liner. From all my gel liner this is perhaps the matte-st of all.

applicator


The angled applicator helps to give a perfect accentuated bill. And quick drying refrains it to crease and smear. I tried putting it in my water line (as I do with most of my gel liners) but I would say NEVER DARE TO APPLY THERE. It irritates badly and being super drying cracks off and start chipping off from the water line.



PROS:
1.       Matte-st Black Gel liner (so far I have ever came across)
2.       Waterproof formula
3.       Smudge proof
4.       Stays up to 10+ hours
5.       The applicator helps achieving the precise winged eyeliner and easy application
6.       The clicker helps to ooze out desired amount of product hence giving a good control and avoid wastage of excess product
7.       Excellent Dupe of Benefit Gel Liner

CONS:
1.       It is not made for water line
2.       Might be too drying as per liking
3.       Not available locally and easily but only at Beautybeats.pk

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner Pen


MY THOUGHTS:
Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner is so far one of my most favorite purchases. I liked everything about this liner and it has almost all traits which a perfect eyeliner should have. I have got this after going through many comparative reviews between Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner & Benefit Push Up gel liner pen. And it tempted me badly as all reviews were giving it a plus over Benefit Push up gel liner. To me it was all in one a steal deal because as we all know Benefit one is a lot more expensive, but this baby right here; knowing the fact that it is better than Benefit one I quickly grabbed my piece from Beautybeats.pk. Yep the same Website about which I mentioned in my birthday haul video on YouTube. Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner pen on trying it for a number of times made me claim that it do really what it says. I wore this for about 10+ hours to test it and guess what it didn’t leave it place for hours. The only problem is the availability you can easily purchase Benefit Push up gel liner by ordering online or getting it from any good super store, but coming to this thing it is available like next to nowhere I know this might be frustrating for many of you but It is only available in Pakistan on one website which is Beautybeats.pk.
Coming to the price it is sold at rs.850/- :O  Which pays you back more than it costs, so a complete steal deal. I would highly suggest this product to all those who are looking for a budget friendly matte black gel liner which could be applied so effortlessly in no time when you are in a hurry. I think only limited pieces are left at Beautybeats.pk so orders yours now before its gone forever.
This girl on youtube made me buy this gem.


Let me know if you have any other questions regarding the product.  What comes Perfect gel liner in your terms?
Eager to hear from you guys. Comment down below.


7 comments:

Unknown on 7 September 2016 at 04:13 said...

maybelline is always been the favourite brand of mine
i loved the review <3

Aamal Nauman on 7 September 2016 at 09:26 said...

aww thank u Warda

Sparkling Palette Blog on 7 September 2016 at 11:36 said...

Wow Aamal, Im loving the liner on you, ill try to find it :)

Madeeha Saeed on 7 September 2016 at 15:08 said...

Never heard about this eyeliner but seems pretty promising.

Unknown on 8 September 2016 at 10:39 said...

I absolutely loved the way you photographed the eyeliner <3

FANAA'S BEAUTY BLOG

glamupgirs on 15 September 2016 at 06:56 said...

I love Maybelline lasting drama gel eye liner and i am sure this gel pen eye liner can be my another favorite. Great detail review.
GlamupGirls

Fatima Collection on 2 February 2017 at 22:38 said...

Loved maybiln n ur skills

Post a Comment

 

MaKe_OvEr_cRaZe Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting