Saturday 31 May 2014

Review, Swatches & Tutorial: Essence Eyebrow Designer Pencil

Posted by Aamal Nauman at 08:37


This is my first eyebrow pencil that I ever bought. I know you must be thinking "she's a makeup obsessed woman and doesn't own a single eye brow pencil", it's an inevitable fact though. The reason is because my eyebrows are already really thick and they never looked sparse or un-done even if I don't groom them or use brow makeup. Of course, I do tame them regularly by tweezing them.


As you all know, the hair growth reduces with age, leading thinning of hair and I thought now is the time I am in need of it. So, I bought the Essence eyebrow pencil in brunette.
SWATCH: 

My reason of choosing the brunette shade is that I don't want to look like a weirdo with black dramatic eye brows. Plus, brown toned pencils are perfect for a more natural look. It also has an eyebrow brush attached to it's lid/cover. The bristles of the brush are hard and stiff which allow for taming heavy, thick and textured eyebrows perfectly. 
The pigmentation of Essence eyebrow pencil is moderate. I won't claim it to do wonders because the texture of the pencil is slightly dry (it is might be due to the winter weather) . Anyways by applying a little pressure you can have it easily glide over the eyebrows.
DEMO / PICTORIAL:
            
STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL:
  1. I firstly tamed/groomed my eyebrows with the brush that's attached to the pencil.
  2. Then, I drew a line under my eyebrow over the brow bone area completely.
  3. Then on the upper side, I left a small half inched area and drew the line following my eyebrow shape.
  4. Then, I slightly sketched small strokes by filling in by brows (don't rub or drag the pencil to fill but just give quick light strokes) to make it look natural and full.
  5. Then I again tamed the brows with same brush in order to equalize and balance the color evenly.
PROS:
  • Brunette is a perfect shade for dark haired brows
  • Gives a naturally fuller eyebrows look
  • Affordable
  • Easily Available
  • Staying power is good
CONS:
  • Slightly dry in pigmentation

MY THOUGHTS:
I am pretty satisfied with this product.
Available: Enem store liberty, alfatha etc | Price: $1.99, rs.250/-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

MaKe_OvEr_cRaZe Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Ugg Boots Sale | web hosting